In line with European legislation, D3C sas (“D3C”) guarantees that every user of the website understands what cookies are and why they are used, so that users themselves can consciously decide whether to accept or not to use the their device.
A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification number that is transferred from the website to the hard drive of your computer through an anonymous code that can identify the computer but not the user and passively monitor your activities on the site .
Cookies can be classified into four categories, based on their functionality:
- Cookie strictly necessary
- Cookies performance
- Cookie functional
- Targeting cookies and cookie advertising
Web sites D3C use only the first three categories of cookies, for which there is no consensus required
1. Cookie strictly necessary: These cookies are essential in order to enable navigation of the website and the use of its features, such as access to some protected areas. Without these cookies, some requested features such as login to the site or the creation of a shopping cart for online shopping could not be provided.
2. Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use the website, such as which pages are visited most often, and whether users get error messages from these pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a specific visitor. All information collected by these cookies are aggregated and therefore anonymous. They are used solely to improve the operation of the website.
4. Cookies functional: These cookies allow the website to remember the choices you made (such as your username, your language or region where you live) in order to optimize and provide more advanced features. These cookies can also be used to provide functionality requested by you, such as viewing a video or the ability to comment on a blog. This information collected by cookies are anonymous and do not have to track traffic and user activity on other websites.
Please note that certain features of the website may be reduced or not available disabling cookies.